I have never been someone who said music "defines me". Ever. Yeah, I listen to music. Usually it's Top 20's, Young Jeezy, Britney Spears, etc. I would even go as far to say that the music Britney sings, defines me. Yeah. Exactly. My point is made. Books, however, are my thing. I love reading. Absolutely, positively defines me. But that's not the point of this post.
Lately, I've found songs that were literally written just for me. I am convinced that these people interviewed me and wrote them just for me. These aren't new songs or even songs I've never heard. But I actually listened this time.
I'm the person who would much rather rock out to whatever beat sounds good, as loud as it'll go, with the windows down and my sunroof open. I like to dance and feel the music with my body. I've never felt the music with my heart, until now.
(Obvious shoutout to Staind. Yeah, I'm feeling it.)
I still don't think music defines me. I don't think it ever will. But I do think I'm connecting to the songs that matter. And I think that matters. And it's all that matters.
I think if Britney makes me happy 364 days a year, and I can find peace with music that understands me 1 day, it's working for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment