Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The golden rule.

At some point in every little child's life, some adult role model says "Now Sally, you wouldn't want little Johnny to treat you like that would you? No! Treat others the way you would want to be treated." (Yes, I know, very "Dick and Jane".)

Treat others the way you would want to be treated.

Apparently, at some point in every customer's life, they forget this precious rule because on a daily basis, I have rude customers. Now, I don't believe that all customers are purposely being rude. Maybe some people really weren't taught boundaries. And these are the people I want to physically move out of my bubble. There is absolutely no need for you to be two inches from my face, especially if you have horrid breath and/or tobacco in your mouth. You...are disgusting. There is also no need for you to touch me. I don't know you. Do not touch me. Do not comment on my tattoo. Do not talk to my chest. Do not look me up and down while you talk to me. Do not stand over me while I do my job. Do not lean into me so you can see what I'm doing. I'm not different from any other stranger. So treat me like a stranger. Give me space and think about your actions. I understand you are not intentionally making me uncomfortable and being rude, but please, may attention.

However, the sentences (and not so much "sentences") that people (who do intend on being rude) let come out of there mouth are absolutely atrocious. And embarrassing. I am embarrassed for them. Sometimes I want to put a mirror in front of my face so they can say these crazy things back to themselves, because obviously they don't realize how ugly they're making themselves look nor do they hear the ignorance coming out of their mouths. Often times, though, I just want to laugh in their face. Like, did you really just say that? Did you really just tell me I'm worthless? Or I don't know what I'm doing? Or that I need to give you what you want? Really people? You're fucking idiots. Not only do I not care if you get what you want or not, but I usually don't have control over the situation either way. I'm not coorporate, and I don't make the policies; I just follow them. So please, really, get over yourself. You're not my only customer, and I will not lose sleep at night because you were rude and ugly and nasty to me. You, however, should lose sleep for acting like a child.

While I'm on my soapbox, let me point out the stupid things customers do as well, like walking into computers and saying "Where are the tvs?" or simply walking into the door and saying "Where are the computers?" Really? Open your eyes. I'm not spoon-feeding you. Or my favorite, "Where is the bathroom?" Oh! and "Do you work here?" I literally have to bite my tongue to keep myself from saying, "No, dipshit, I just think it's cool to dress like I work here and act like I work here, but not really work here."

GEEZ. Really people? Quit acting ignant.

No comments:

Post a Comment